Shirley Smith, Richard, The wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith , 1994
- The wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith / selected with an introduction by Iain Bain.
- Cambridge : Silent Books, 1994.
- Physical Description:
- 72 p. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 Sm675 B25 1994 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 21Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsMSS 17 Moss no. 22Yale Center for British Art, Gift of Roger W. MossAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Related Content:
- View finding aid for the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith
- "Included here is a catalogue of the engravings 1960 to 1989, a listing of exhibitions, illustrated books, and illustrated periodical & newspaper articles. Bain also assigned the numbers to Shirley Smith's wood engravings that are used throughout this checklist. However, several early engravings are omitted from Bain's list."--Moss.
"The artist himself designed the book ..."--Back cover.
"Typeset by Libanus Press, Marlborough; printed at The Alden Press, Osney Mead, Oxford. Limited to one hundred copies ... Photograph and one hundred twenty wood engravings reproduced "--Cf. Moss.
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 21
Moss, R.W. Richard Shirley Smith, 22
Bain, I. Wood engravings of Richard Shirley Smith, 6, 8
BAC: British Art Center copy MSS 17, no. 21 is no. 27 of 100 of the limited edition, signed and numbered by Shirley Smith, and bound in publisher's quarter maroon cloth and illustrated boards; in a maroon slip case. Includes two signed and numbered prints in a pocket at the back: 'Temple of Antoninus & Faustina, Rome' [1961, Bain no. 8] and 'Angel Visits Anna and Joachim, Rome' [1961, Bain no. 6].
BAC: British Art Center copy MSS 17, no. 22 is in the trade paperback binding.
BAC: From the Roger W. Moss Collection of manuscript, original art and printed material by and about Richard Shirley Smith.
- Subject Terms:
- Alden Press -- Printer.Cambridge -- Imprints -- Specimens -- 1994.Shirley Smith, Richard.Silent Books -- Publisher.Wood-engravers -- England.Wood-engraving -- England.
- Wood engravings -- 1994.