The history of Pompey the Little, or, The life and adventures of a lap-dog.
- Additional Title(s):
Life and adventures of a lap-dog
Pompey the Little
- Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire : The Golden Cockerel Press, MCMXXVI 
- Physical Description:
- , viii-xvi, 225,  pages : illustrations ; 24 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3369.C68 H57 1926Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN Zab G138 Zz926Co: No. 254 of 400. Dust jacket. Initials and manuscript notes of Donald Gallup. From the library of Donald Gallup.
Introduction by Arundell Del Re.
"This book was printed by Robert Gibbings at the Goden Cockerel Press, Waltham Saint Lawrence, in Berkshire, and completed on the 6th day of September, 1926. The wood engravings are by David Jones. Compositors: A.H. Gibbs and F. Young. Pressman: A.C. Cooper. The edition is limited to 400 copies."--Colophon.
Bibliography of the Golden Cockerel Press, 1921-1949, 44
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 314 of 400. Bound in cream quarter buckram with brown paper covered boards.
MUDD,ZETA Ik C838 751j: "This edition is limited to 400 copies. This is no. 326."
A satirical romance.
- Subject Terms:
- Adventure stories.Dogs -- Fiction.Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000 -- Autograph.Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000 -- Manuscript notes.
- Private press books (Publishing) -- England -- Waltham Saint Lawrence.
Wood engravings -- 1926.
Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
YCBA Collections Search
Coventry, Francis, 1725?-1759, The history of Pompey the Little, or, The life and adventures of a lap-dog, MCMXXVI 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.