Oram, William, d. 1777, Precepts and observations on the art of colouring in landscape painting , 1810
- Precepts and observations on the art of colouring in landscape painting / by the late William Oram, Esq. of His Majesty's Board of Works ; arranged from the author's original MS. and published by Charles Clarke, Esq., F.S.A.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Oram on landscape painting
On landscape painting
- London : Printed for White and Cochrane, Horace's hHad, Fleet Street; by Richard Taylor and Co. Shoe Lane, 1810.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, 104 p., 6 leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1342 .O73 1810+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.Rare Books and ManuscriptsND1342 .O73 1810+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Spine title, on publisher's cloth binding: Oram on landscape painting.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both are bound in publisher's original blind- and gilt-stamped green cloth. Copy 1 inscribed: Leo A. Tryher; and "To W. Van V. Bonfield Esq. Artist from his friend W. A. K. Martin."
- Subject Terms:
- Color in art.Landscape painting -- Technique.Martin, W. A. K. -- Pres. insc. from W. Van V. Bonfield.Perspective -- Technique.Taylor, Richard -- Printer.Van V. Bonfield, W. -- Pres. insc. from W. A. K. Martin.White and Cochrane -- Publisher.
- Etchings -- 1810.
Drawing books -- England -- London -- 1810.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.