IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Gaunt, William, 1900-1980, Marine painting , 1976
Marine painting : an historical survey / William Gaunt.
- New York : Viking Press, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 264 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1370 G38 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: Please contact the Reference Library to schedule an appointment [Email firstname.lastname@example.org]
- Full Orbis Record:
- Includes bibliographical references (page 261) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Marine painting.Marine painting.
- From ancient times to the sixteenth century
- The seventeenth century - north and south
- The eighteenth century - Britain, France, and Italy
- The romantic impulse
- Turner, Constable, and their contemporaries
- Local schools
- Nineteenth-century developments in Britain and America
- The naïve painters of the sea
- Marine painting in the Impressionist age
- The Far East
- Sea and ships in art of the twentieth century.