Gaunt, William, 1900-1980, Marine painting , 1976
- Marine painting : an historical survey / William Gaunt.
- New York : Viking Press, 1976.
- Physical Description:
- 264 pages : illustrations (some color) ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryND1370 G38 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (page 261) and index.
- Foreword -- From ancient times to the sixteenth century -- The seventeenth century - north and south -- The eighteenth century - Britain, France, and Italy -- The romantic impulse -- Turner, Constable, and their contemporaries -- Local schools -- Nineteenth-century developments in Britain and America -- The naïve painters of the sea -- Marine painting in the Impressionist age -- The Far East -- Sea and ships in art of the twentieth century.
- Subject Terms:
- Marine painting.Marine painting.