Punch's pocketbook .., 1844-81]
- Punch's pocketbook ...
- Alternate Title(s):
- Punch (London, England)
- London : Punch office [etc., 1844-81]
- Physical Description:
- 38 v. : ill. ; 13 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsAY756 .P56Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Related Content:
- View a selection of digital images in the Beinecke Library's Digital Images Online database
- BEIN A95 P97e: Ms. notes in several volumes.
BEIN A95 P97e 1877 copy 2: Binding variant: bound in red leather. Ms. inscription by Ralph Hodgson, indicating book was a gift from Bryher, 1956.
BAC: British Art Center copies bound in contemporary flap bindings, with gilt edges. Ms. notes.
With added engraved title-pages.
Frontispieces and title-pages are hand colored.
1844-1879 have sub-title: Containing ruled pages for cash accounts and memoranda for every day in the year; an almanack; and ... useful ... information (with slight variations).
Illustrated by John Leech, John Tenniel and others.
No more published.
- Subject Terms:
- Almanacs -- England.Bradbury & Evans -- Publisher.English wit and humor -- Periodicals.Etching -- Specimens -- 1844-1881.Etching, Colored -- Specimens -- 1844-1881.Hodgson, Ralph, 1871-1962 -- Ms. notes.Punch Office -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.