Celebrated horses of America / from paintings by Scott Leighton, Henry Stull, and others.
- Boston : Armstrong & Co., 1881-1882.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves,  leaves of plates : col ill. ; 49 x 63 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio B 2011 38Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Chromolithographs after Edwin Forbes, Harry Hall, Henry Stull, Scott Leighton, Maurice Scanlan, and Theodore Marsden.
SML,AOB: Imperfect: text mutilated and plates loose.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in dark brown half morocco, and purple cloth; tooling on front and back covers and spine, gold lettering on spine.
Collection of 24 equestrian portraits, each with a preceding leaf of descriptive letter press.
- Subject Terms:
- Armstrong & Co. -- Publisher.Horse racing -- United States.Horses -- Pedigrees.Race horses in art.
- Chromolithographs -- 1881-1882.
- IIIF Manifest:
- St. Julien
- Ten Broeck
- Maud S.
- Luke Blackburn
- Daniel Lambert
- Bonnie Scotland
- Foxhall, 1878
- Santa Claus
- Messenger Duroc
- Captain Lewis
- Edwin Thorne
- Black Cloud.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.