Howitt, William, 1792-1879, The ruined abbeys of the border , 1865
- The ruined abbeys of the border : extracted from "The ruined abbeys and castles of Great Britain" / by William Howitt ; with photographic illustrations by Wilson and Thompson.
- London : Alfred W. Bennett, 1865.
- Physical Description:
- , 70,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA660 H66 1865Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Richard Barrett, Printer, Mark Lane.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped blue publisher's binding with circular photograph inset on cover.
BAC: Cover title: Ruined castles of the border.
BAC: Publisher's advertisement:  p. at end.
Gernsheim, H. Incunabula of British photographic literature 282
- Subject Terms:
- Abbeys -- Great Britain.Barrett, Richard -- Printer.Bennett, Alfred W. -- Publisher.Great Britain -- Description and travel.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.