Hints on illuminating : with an essay on the art of ornamenting in gold or metals : describing a new and easy method of brilliantly and durably imitating the illuminated gilding of the Middle Ages / by Henry Montanell Lucien.
- Sixth edition revised : to which is added a series of plates by F.C. Wood.
- London : J. Barnard and Son, [ca. 1870].
- Physical Description:
- 55, 16 p.,  leaves : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsND3320 L83 1870Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Printed by Adam and Gee, Printers, Middle Street, West Smithfield, B.C.
Illustrations printed by F. Waller.
BAC: Bound in original printed wrappers, as issued.
BAC: Publisher's catalogue:  p. at end.
- Subject Terms:
- Adam and Gee -- Printer.Barnard (J.) and Son -- Publisher.Book ornamentation -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Gilding -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Illumination of books and manuscripts -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Lithography -- Specimens -- [ca. 1870].Waller, F. -- Printer.
- Chromolithographs -- [ca. 1870].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.