IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Art of drawing and painting in water-colours , 1770
Art of drawing and painting in water-colours : wherein the principles of drawing are laid down : after a natural and easy manner : and youth directed in every thing that relates to this useful art ... : to which are annexed, Familiar direction, whereby a stranger in the Art of drawing maybe readily taught to delineate any view or prospect with the utmost exactness ... : with instructions for preparing, mixing, and managing all sorts of water-colours used in painting.
- New edition, corrected / and, besides other improvements, illustrated with copper-plates.
- London : Printed for G. Keith, 1770.
- Physical Description:
- 96 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC650 .A7 1770Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Illustrations engraved by T[homas] Bowen.
At foot of t.p.: Price one shilling.
English short title catalogue, T142294
Lucas, S.T. Bibliography of water colour painting and painters, 12
- Subject Terms:
- Drawing -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Drawing -- Technique.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1770.Keith, G. -- Publisher.Watercolor painting -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Watercolor painting -- Technique.
- Drawing books.
Handbooks and manuals.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.