The villa gardener : comprising the choice of a suburban villa residence; the laying out, planting, and culture of the garden and grounds : and the management of the villa farm, including the dairy and poultry-yard ... / By J. C. Loudon.
- Second edition : edited by Mrs. Loudon.
- London : W. S. Orr & co., 1850.
- Physical Description:
- xii, 516 p. : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB453 L88 1850Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BAC: Bound in blind- stamped green publisher's binding.
MUDD Uzb85 850L: Autographed by Donald Grant Mitchell, 1822-1908.
First published under title: The suburban gardener.
Printed by Wm. Tyler, Bolt-court.
Archer, John. Literature of British domestic architecture, 1715-1842 190.2
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1850.Gardens, English.Interior decoration -- Great Britain -- History.Landscape architecture -- Great Britain.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Orr Compy -- Publisher.Suburban homes -- Great Britain -- History.Tyler, William -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843, The villa gardener , 1850
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.