Loudon, J. C. (John Claudius), 1783-1843, A treatise on forming, improving, and managing country residences , 1806
- A treatise on forming, improving, and managing country residences : and on the choice of situations appropriate to every class of purchasers : ... with an appendix ... / By John Loudon.
- London : Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, 1806.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSB471 L88 1806+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Illustrations by James Sargant Storer, and John Greig; after J.C. Loudon.
BAC: Binder's label: W. Warne, Book-binder, Newport, I.W.
Printed by C. Whittingham, Printer, Dean Street, Felter Lane.
Archer, John. Literature of British domestic architecture, 1715-1842 191.1
- Subject Terms:
- Brigstocke, J.K. & E.L. -- Autograph, July, 1867.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1806.Gardens, English.Landscape architecture -- Great Britain.Landscape gardening -- Great Britain.Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme -- Publisher.Warne, W. -- Bookbinder.Whittingham, C. -- Printer.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.