Cheviot : a poetical fragment / by R. W.
- Newcastle upon Tyne [England] : Printed by S. Hodgson, 1817.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 41 p. : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR4782 H46 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BAC: Bound with: Verses written at the house of Mr. Henderson at Longleeford, near Cheviot, Northumberland. Newcastle : T. and J. Hodgson, 1823.
SML,Y Byz N43 818 2: Binder's title: Newcastle reprints, v.2
BEIN 2013 1220 1: No. 1 of 26 titles bound together with binder's title: Newcastle Typographical Society, Poetical, 1817-1853. From the library of George Noble Clark.
One of a typographically uniform series of volumes, with woodcut vignettes by Bewick and his pupils, published in Newcastle, the earliest in 1817; after the foundation of the Typographical Society of Newcastle upon Tyne in 1818 the publications were issued under the auspices of the society.
By Richard Wharton. Cf. Martin, and Halkett & Laing. Lowndes attributes it to Robert White.
Woodcuts ornements by Thomas Bewick.
"Only two hundred and twenty-one copies printed"--Martin, Bibl. cat. of books priv. print., p. 420.
Contains "notices... of many principal places in Northumberland ... and the estimation, in which their respective possessors ... were held" Cf. Dedication, signed: John Adamson.
Martin, J. Privately printed books, p. 420
Lowndes, IV, p. 159
- Subject Terms:
- Clark, George Noble -- Ownership.Northumberland (England) -- Poetry.
- Wood engravings -- 1817.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.