The Harleian miscellany, or, a collection of scarce, curious, and entertaining pamphlets and tracts : as well in manuscript as in print, found in the late earl of Oxford's library : interspersed with historical, political, and critical notes : with a table of contents, and an alphabetical index.
- London : Printed for T. Osborne, in Gray's-Inn, 1744-46.
- Physical Description:
- 8 v. ; 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA300 H28 1744+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Gift of Melville and Naomi StoneAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA300 H28 1744+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- The pamphlets were selected and edited by William Oldys. Dr. Johnson supplied the preface. cf. Dictionary of national biography.
Includes bibliographical references.
No classification of material is attempted. For chronological arrangement, see edition of 1808-1811.
BAC: Includes head- and tail- piece.
Double column text.
BAC: Includes list of subscriber's names.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Copy 2 has the bookplate of Edward Mervyn Archdale.
- Subject Terms:
- Archdale, Edward Mervyn, 1853- -- Bookplate. (copy 2)Great Britain -- History -- 1485- -- Sources.Osborne, T. -- Publisher.Pamphlets -- Bibliography -- Early works to 1800.
- Wood engravings -- 1744-46.
YCBA Collections Search
The Harleian miscellany, or, a collection of scarce, curious, and entertaining pamphlets and tracts , 1744-46
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.