The Tower menagerie: comprising the natural history of the animals contained in that establishment; with anecdotes of their characters and history. Illustrated by portraits of each, taken from life, by William Harvey; and engraved on wood by Branston and Wright.
- London, Printed for R. Jennings; [etc., etc.] 1829.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 241,  p. illus. 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQL77.L78 B4 1829Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- In 1831 the collection of animals in the Tower was presented by the king to the Zoological society of London. cf. Peel, Zoological gardens of Europe, 1903, p. 180. Not in Proc. of Soc.
Printed by Charles Whittingham, College House, Chiswick.
BAC: Binding label: H.W. Burt, Bookbinder, Reading.
- Subject Terms:
- Animal behavior.Burt, H.W. -- Bookbinder.Jennings, R. -- Publisher.Menageries -- Great Britain.Tower of London (London, England)Weedon, John -- Pres. insc. from his affectionate mother, July 9, 1839.Whittingham, Charles -- Printer.
- Wood engravings -- 1829.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.