Arctic artist : the journal and paintings of George Back, midshipman with Franklin, 1819-1822 / edited by C. Stuart Houston ; commentary by I.S. MacLaren.
- Montreal ; McGill-Queen's University Press, c1994.
Buffalo : McGill-Queen's University Press, c1994.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 403 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 B12432 H68 1994 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -387) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Back, George, Sir, 1796-1878 -- Diaries.Explorers -- England -- Diaries.Northwest Passage.Northwest Territories -- Description and travel.
YCBA Collections Search
Back, George, Sir, 1796-1878, Arctic artist , c1994