Back, George, Sir, 1796-1878, Arctic artist , c1994
- Arctic artist : the journal and paintings of George Back, midshipman with Franklin, 1819-1822 / edited by C. Stuart Houston ; commentary by I.S. MacLaren.
- Montreal ; McGill-Queen's University Press, c1994.
Buffalo : McGill-Queen's University Press, c1994.
- Physical Description:
- xxviii, 403 p. : ill. (some col.), maps ; 28 cm.
- Reference LibraryNJ18 B12432 H68 1994 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Includes bibliographical references (p. -387) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arctic regions -- Discovery and exploration -- British.Back, George, Sir, 1796-1878 -- Diaries.Explorers -- England -- Diaries.Northwest Passage.Northwest Territories -- Description and travel.