Knight, Charles, 1791-1873, William Caxton, the first English printer , 1844
- William Caxton, the first English printer : a biography / by Charles Knight.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Knight's weekly volume for all readers.
- London : C. Knight and co., 1844.
- Physical Description:
- 240, 8 p. : ill. ; 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsZ232 C38 K55 1844Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "Postscript. Progress of the press in England": p. 209-240.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
Printed by William Clowes and sons, Stamford street.
BAC: Bookclubs for all readers:  p. at front.
BAC: Binding label: S.W. Theakston, Scarbro.
BAC: Bound in blind- stamped light brown publisher's cloth.
BAC: Cover title: Knight's weekly volume for all readers.
- Subject Terms:
- Caxton, William, approximately 1422-1491 or 1492.Clowes, William and Sons -- Printer.Knight, C. and co. -- Publisher.Theakston, S.W. -- Binder.
- Wood engravings -- 1844.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.