Goodlake, Thomas, The courser's manual or stud-book , MDCCCXXVIII 
- The courser's manual or stud-book / by Thomas Goodlake, Esq.
- Liverpool : Printed by Harris and Co. for Geo. B. Whittaker, Ave Maria Lane : and Jos. Booker, Bond-Street, London, MDCCCXXVIII 
- Physical Description:
- , vi-lxxvi, , 85,  pages : illustrations ; 25 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSK291 .G66 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Frontispiece is a portrait of Thomas Goodlake lithographed by W. Walton and printed by Charles Hullmandel.
"The vignettes were engraved by by Thomas Mosses, 44, Amwell-Street, Pentonville, from some drawings by the late Mr. Barnard."--Page ix.
The work "originated with the late Mr. [i.e. Rev. E.W.] Barnard."--Preface.
MUDD Uzn65 828g: Continuation [1-4] of The courser's manual or stud book. Containing the pedigrees and performances of winning dogs ... Liverpool, Printed by Harris brothers, 1832-1841. 4 v. 23 cm. Bound with the above.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in tan paper backstrip, and original yellow linen-backed paper board covers. Brown cloth slip-case; label with gold lettering on spine, gold lines on spine.
- Subject Terms:
- Coursing.Dogs -- Pedigrees.Greyhounds.Harris and Co. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- 1828.
Wood engravings -- 1828.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.