The art of tying the cravat : demonstrated in sixteen lessons, including thirty-two different styles, forming a pocket manual, and exemplifying the advantages arising from an elegant arrangement of this important part of the costume : preceded by a history of the cravat, from its origin to the present time, and remarks on its influence on society in general / by H. Le Blanc, Esq. ; with explanatory plates, and a portait of the author.
- Additional Title(s):
History of the cravat
Art de mettre sa cravate de toutes les manières connues et usitées. English
- London : Effingham Wilson, 88, Cornhill, and Ingrey & Madeley, 310, Strand, 1828.
London : Printed by J.H. Randall, 310, Strand, 
- Physical Description:
- vii, , 72 pages,  leaves of plates ( folded) : illustrations ; 16 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2120 .L43 1828Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- English translation of: L'art de mettre sa cravate de toutes les manières connues et usitées.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in publisher's original pink paper boards with illustrated title label on front cover. Bookseller's label: "Wright, stationer, 6 King Street, Manchester." Armorial bookplate: Ormathwaite.
- Subject Terms:
- Dress accessories.Men's clothing.Neckties.Ormathwaite -- Bookplate.Randall, J. H. -- Printer.
- Lithographs -- 1828.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.