IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Leech, John, 1817-1864, Portraits of children of the mobility , 1841
Portraits of children of the mobility / drawn from nature by J. Leech ; with memoirs and characteristic sketches by the author of "The comic English grammar," etc.
- Additional Title(s):
Children of the mobility
- London : Richard Bentley, New Burlington Street, 1841.
- Physical Description:
- , 47,  p., 8 leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNC1479.L44 P67 1841+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Full Orbis Record:
- Cover title, on publisher's gilt-stamped cloth binding: Children of the mobility.
Percival Leigh is the author of "The comic English grammar".
The text by Percival Leigh is a parody on "The children of the nobility" published some time previously. Cf. Frith.
Printed by Samuel Bentley, Bangor House, Shoe Lane.
Some of the plates printed by J.R. Jobbins.
Frith, W.P. John Leech, p. 78
- Subject Terms:
- Bentley, Richard -- Publisher.Bentley, Samuel -- PrinterCaricatures and cartoons -- Social aspects.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Jobbins, J. R. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1841.London (England) -- Social life and customs -- Pictorial works.Poor -- England -- London -- Portraits.Satire, English.Working class -- England -- London -- Portraits.
- IIIF Manifest:
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.