Leighton, John, 1822-1912, Contrasts & conceits for contemplation , [1849?]
- Contrasts & conceits for contemplation / by Luke Limner, Esq.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Contrasts and conceits for contemplation
- [London] : Ackermann & Co. 96 Strand, London, [1849?]
- Physical Description:
-  p., 20 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 16 x 26 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR946 .L45 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Public Domain
- Luke Limner is the pseudonym of John Leighton.
"Printed by C. Blair Leighton, 6, Percy St., Rathbone Pl."--Cover.
'Price 5s plain. Price 7/G coloured."--Title page.
BAC: British Art Center copy in original printed paper wrappers. Inscribed: To my dear brother James on his birthday 1848 from the author.
- Subject Terms:
- Ackermann -- Publisher.Blair Leighton, C. -- Printer.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain -- History -- 19th century.Etching -- Specimens -- [1849?]Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Leighton, James -- Pres. insc. from John Leighton, 1848.Leighton, John -- Pres. insc. to James Leighton, 1848.Satire, English.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.