London out of town, or, The adventures of the Browns at the seaside / by Luke Limner, esq.
- Additional Title(s):
London out of town
Adventures of the Browns at the seaside
- London : Published by David Bogue, Eighty Six, Fleet Street, 
- Physical Description:
- ,  p., [xvi] leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 11 cm. x 15 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsIn Process NC1475 .L66 1847Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Luke Limner is the pseudonym of John Leighton.
Date of publication from NSTC.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in marbled boards. Label mounted on cover: London out of town: or, The adventures of the Browns at the sea-side. Ms inscription on first free preliminary end-paper: To my dearest brother James from the author. Xmas. 1847. Cased with the artist's 17 original drawings for the present work, in pen and black ink.
- Subject Terms:
- Bogue, David -- Publisher.Caricatures and cartoons -- Great Britain.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Leighton, C. Blair -- Printer.Leighton, James -- Pres. insc. from the author, Xmas 1847.Leighton, John, 1822-1912 -- Pres. insc. to his brother James, Xmas 1847.Satire, English.
- Etchings -- 1847.
YCBA Collections Search
Leighton, John, 1822-1912, London out of town, or, The adventures of the Browns at the seaside , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.