Remarks on the present system of road making : with observations, deduced from practice and experience, with a view to a revision of the existing laws, and the introduction of improvement in the method of making, repairing, and preserving roads, and defending the road funds from misapplication .... / by John Loudon M'Adam ...,
- Additional Title(s):
Remarks on roads
M'Adam on roads
- Third edition : carefully revised, with considerable additions, and an appendix.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown,Paternoster Row, 1820..
- Physical Description:
- 196 p. ; 24 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTE342 M3 1820Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Caption title: "Remarks on roads."
Spine label: "M'Adam on roads."
Includes bibliographical references.
Appendix includes "Extracts from Observations on the highways of the kingdom ... presented to a committee of the House of Commons, and printed by order of the House, 14th June, 1811" (cf. Goldsmiths' lib. #21568); and a report to the Board of Agriculture, undated but after January 1820 (internal evidence): p. -57.
First published Bristol, 1816; cf. Kress Lib. #B.6739, Goldsmiths'-Kress lib. #21568; RLIN.
BAC: In original gray paste boards, as issued.
Goldsmiths'-Kress library of economic literature, 22938
- Subject Terms:
- Roads -- Design and construction.Roads -- Great Britain -- Finance.Roads -- Great Britain.Roads, Macadamized.
- The mode of making roads
- Commissioners and officers employed under them
- Care of the finances
- Report from the select committee on the highways of the kingdom ...
- Minutes of evidence.