A treatise on diamonds, and precious stones : including their history-natural and commercial : to which is added, the methods of cutting & polishing : with colored plates / by John Mawe, honorary member of the Mineralogical Society of Jena, &c. &c., author of Travels through the gold and diamond district of Brazil, Lessons on mineralogy and geology, New descriptive catalogue, &c.
- Second edition.
- London : Printed for and sold by the author, 149, Strand; and Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown, Paternoster Row, 1823.
- Physical Description:
- xx, 148 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 20 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTN990 .M3 1823Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Half-title: A treatise on diamonds, &c. &c.
Printed by W. M'Dowall, Printer, Pemberton Row, Gough Square.
Abbey, J.R. Life in England in aquatint and lithography, 1770-1860, 447
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in quarter blue calf and pebbled blue cloth.
MUDD Sa29 232: Pages [iv]-[v] wanting.
- Subject Terms:
- Diamond cutting.Diamonds -- Great Britain.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1823.Longman, Hurst, Rees, Orme, and Brown -- Printer.M'Dowall, W. -- Printer.Mineralogy -- Great Britain.Mineralogy -- Handbooks, manuals, etc.Precious stones -- Great Britain.
- Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1823.
YCBA Collections Search
Mawe, John, 1764-1829, A treatise on diamonds, and precious stones , 1823
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.