The history, topography, and antiquities of the parish of St. Mary Islington, in the county of Middlesex : including biographical sketches of the most eminent and remarkable persons who have been born, or have resided there / illustrated by seventeen engravings by John Nelson.
- Additional Title(s):
History, topography, and antiquities of Islington.
History of Islington.
- London : Printed for the author by John Nichols and Son, Red Lion Passage, Fleet Street; and sold by C. Russell, at the Circulating Library, Upper Street, Islington; Messrs. Black, Parry, and Kingsbury, Leadenhall Street; Vernon, Hood and Sharpe, Poultry; Greenland, Finsbury Place; and Setchel and Son, King Street, Covent Garden, 1811.
- Physical Description:
- viii, 416 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA685.I8 N45 1811+Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Caption title: The history, topography, and antiquities of Islington.
Running title: History of Islington.
With a wood-engraved vignette on the title page.
Anderson, J.P. Book of British topography, p. 204
List of subscribers, p. v-viii.
Includes bibliographical references and index.
BAC: British Art Center copy is a special copy compiled by Jacob Henry Burn, the bookseller of Covent Garden, ca. 1830, with his notes, corrections, and autograph letters, etc. Lacks pages 211-214 and the 13 plates. The text is copiously extra-illustrated with additional maps, plates, views, contemporary newspaper cuttings, autograph letters, prospectuses, etc. along with many corrections and additions to the text. Untrimmed. Bound in gilt half morocco.
- Subject Terms:
- Burn, Jacob Henry -- Provenance.Islington (London, England) -- Antiquities.Islington (London, England) -- Description and travel.Islington (London, England) -- History.John Nichols and Son -- Printer.
- Extra-illustrated copies (Provenance)
YCBA Collections Search
Nelson, John, of Islington, The history, topography, and antiquities of the parish of St. Mary Islington, in the county of Middlesex , 1811
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.