IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Newman, William, Moveable shadows , 
Moveable shadows / by W. Newman (of Punch).
- Additional Title(s):
Moveable shadows. Series one
- London : Dean & Son, 11 Ludgate Hill, 
- Physical Description:
- ,  leaves : chiefly ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGV1218.S5 N48 1850zYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Each of the illustrations has a tinted, moveable part operated by a tab; when the figure is moved a comical shadow is revealed.
Spine title: Moveable shadows. Series One.
Date of publication from NSTC.
Each plate accompanied by a guard sheet.
Fairman, Elisabeth R. Pleasures and pastimes, 91
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original boards with printed paper covers. Publisher's advertisments on back cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century.Lithography -- Specimens -- Shadow-pictures.Silhouettes -- Great Britain.Toy and movable books -- Specimens.
- Metamorphic pictures.
Recreations -- Great Britain.
Pleasures and Pastimes (Yale Center for British Art, 1990-02-21 - 1990-04-29) [YCBA Objects in the Exhibition]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.