An improved and enlarged edition of Nicholson's New carpenter's guide : being a complete book of lines, for carpenters, joiners, cabinet-makers, and workmen in general : on methods entirely new, founded on geometrical principles ...
- London : Jones and Co., Temple of the Muses (Late Lackington's), Finsbury Square, [1828?].
- Physical Description:
- iv, xii, 121 p., 121 leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH5605 .N6 1828+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- The probable date of imprint is derived from several sources. Jones & co. moved into the Temple of the Muses Sept. 1828; an edition of the present work was advertised on the wrappers of the parts of Elmes' Metropolitan improvements at 4s during 1827-28 and in 1830, but a 1.11s 6d. (the price on the original spine label of this copy) in 1829; and, in an advertisement on part 23 of the same work, dated 1828, this same title page (i.e., with the phrase "cabinet-makers") is reproduced, although with an altered imprint.
Preface signed: John Bowen.
Plates dated 1825-1826.
"Memoir of Mr. Peter Nicholson": xii p.
A few plates engraved by W. Symns; front. engraved by Mr. Rogers.
- Subject Terms:
- Carpentry.Jones and Co. -- Publisher.Mensuration.Nicholson, Peter, 1765-1844.Squaire, George -- Autograph, 1839.
- Wood engravings -- [1828?].
Engravings -- [1828?].
YCBA Collections Search
Nicholson, Peter, 1765-1844, An improved and enlarged edition of Nicholson's New carpenter's guide , [1828?]
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.