Twelve views in the Black Sea and the Bosphorus / by Commander Montagu O'Reilly, R.N.
- Additional Title(s):
Series of twelve views from water-colour sketches made on the spot, during the period of service of H.M.S. Retribution in the Black Sea and the Bosphorus, with a short account of each drawing
- London : Day & Son, 1856.
- Physical Description:
- 4 p., 13 leaves of plates : chiefly ill. ; 39 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDK509 .O74 1856+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title, on original printed wrappers: A series of twelve views from water-colour sketches made on the spot, during the period of service of H.M.S. Retribution in the Black Sea and the Bosphorus, with a short account of each drawing.
Tinted lithographs by J. Needham; after Montague O'Reilly. Printed by Day & Son.
Title page is lithographed.
Abbey, J.R. Travel, 241
BAC: British Art Center copy is the Abbey copy. Bound in contemporary half parchment and green cloth. Bookplate: Viscount Halifax with arms in gilt on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Black Sea Region -- Pictorial works.Bosporus (Turkey) -- Pictorial works.Crimean War, 1853-1856 -- Pictorial works.Day & Son -- Publisher.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1856.
- Sweet waters of Asia
- Turkish Grave-yard (Bosphorus)
- Beikos Bay and Fleet (Bosphorus)
- View of the Bosphorus (from Sultan's Valley)
- Ghelendijik Bay (Coast of Circassia)
- Site of the Treaty of Unkiar-Skelessi (Bosphorus)
- Baltschik Bay (Declaration of War)
- Monastery of St George (Crimea)
- Cape Kara-Bournou (Black Cape, Roumelia)
- Kustendjeh (Bulgaria)
- Balaklava Harbour (Crimea)
- The Castle of Roumili Hissar (Bosphorus).