IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Schetky, John Christian, 1778-1874, Illustrations of Walter Scott's Lay of the last minstrel , 1808
Illustrations of Walter Scott's Lay of the last minstrel : consisting of twelve views on the rivers Bothwick, Ettrick, Yarrow, Tiviot, and Tweed / engraved by James Heath, R. A., from designs taken on the spot by John C. Schetky, of Oxford ; with anecdotes and descriptions.
- London : Printed for Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme, 1808.
- Physical Description:
- , 64,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 27 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA880.B72 S34 1808+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- Text revised and corrected by Sir Walter Scott.
Steel engravings by James Heath; after John Christian Schetky.
"The title and vignette printed by J. M'Creery. The other part of the work by J. Ballantyne and Co., Edinburgh"--Title page verso.
"This leaf printed by J. M'Creery, Fleet-street, London"--P. 64.
Wood-engraved vignette on title page.
Includes bibliographical references.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in half calf with marbled boards. Stamp in black ink on t.p.: Pro Regna Pro Patricia.
- Subject Terms:
- Castles -- England -- Pictorial works.Castles -- Scotland -- Pictorial works.Hunnewell, James Frothingham -- Bookplate.J. Ballantyne and Co. -- Printer.Longman, Hurst, Rees, and Orme -- Publisher.M'Creery, J. -- Printer.Pro Regna Pro Patricia -- Stamp.Scott, Walter, 1771-1832. Lay of the last minstrel -- Illustrations.Scottish Borders (England and Scotland) -- Description and travel.
- Wood engravings -- 1808.
Steel engravings -- 1808.
- Newark Castle
- Branksome Castle
- The Lands of Deloraine
- The Tower of Goldieland
- View of Hawick
- Melrose Abbey
- Eldon Hills
- St Mary's Lake
- Lake of St Mary's
- The Den of Harden
- Hermitage Castle
- Naworth Castle.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.