A key to civil architecture, or, The universal British builder : containing the principles and properties of building clearly demonstrated with illustrations and definitions, both theoretical and practical ... : to which is added a treatise of arithmetic ... / by Thomas Skaife.
- Additional Title(s):
Key to civil architecture.
Universal British builder.
- Second edition : corrected, with the addition of two useful plates on the construction of stair cases.
- London : Printed for R. Baldwin, 1776.
- Physical Description:
- iv, -387 p.,  leaves of plates (some folded) : ill. ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsTH144 S5 1776Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Harris, E. British architectural books and writers. Cambridge [England] : Cambridge University Press, 1994,c1990. 830.
Originally published in 1774 without illustrations.
Illustrations by J. Lodge.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- Early works to 1800.Arithmetic -- Early works to 1800.Baldwin, R. -- Publisher.Building -- Early works to 1800.Engraving -- Specimens -- Early works to 1800.Lodge, J., engraver.
YCBA Collections Search
Skaife, Thomas, A key to civil architecture, or, The universal British builder , 1776
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.