Views and description of the late volcanic island off the coast of Sicily / by G.W. Smythe, cavalry officer in the service of H.M. the King of Sardinia.
- Additional Title(s):
Views of the late volcanic island
- London : Published by Joseph Booker, 61, New Bond Street, 
- Physical Description:
- , 14 p.,  leaves of plates : ill., map ; 32 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsQE527.2.I8 S69 1831+ Copy 1 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.Rare Books and ManuscriptsQE527.2.I8 S69 1831+ Copy 2 OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Cover title, stamped in gilt: Views of the late volcanic island.
Dedication signed: George Walter Smythe.
Lithography by George Frederick Prosser; after G.W. Smythe. Plates printed by C. Hullmandel.
At head of title: Dedicated, by permission, to His Most Gracious Majesty, William the Fourth.
Date of publication from NSTC.
BAC: British Art Center has two copies. Both bound in publisher's original (?) green cloth, with title stamped in gilt. Lithographs in copy 2 are printed on India paper.
- Subject Terms:
- Booker, J. -- Publisher.Graham Island (Italy) -- Eruption, 1831.Hullmandel, C. -- Printer.Lithography -- Specimens -- 1831.Natural history -- Italy -- Sicily.Sicily (Italy) -- Description and travel.Volcanoes -- Italy -- Sicily.Volcanoes -- Mediterranean Region.
YCBA Collections Search
Smythe, G. W. (George Walter), Views and description of the late volcanic island off the coast of Sicily , 
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.