IIIF provides researchers rich metadata and media viewing options for comparison of works across cultural heritage collections. Visit the IIIF page to learn more.
Carr, J. L. (Joseph Lloyd), 1912-1994, The first Saturday in May , 1993
The first Saturday in May : an echo of A Shropshire lad / J. L. Carr.
- Market Drayton [England] : Tern Press, 1993.
- Physical Description:
- 22 p. : ill. ; 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR6053 A7622 F4 1993Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- Full Orbis Record:
- "J.L. Carr. The First Saturday in May. 14pt Nicholas Jenson, Lana paper, engravings, 140 copies. Nicholas & Mary Parry. The Tern Press, Market Drayton, Shropshire. 1993"--Colophon.
"The wood engravings are from drawings & photographs taken at Far Forest, Neen Sollers, Hope Bagot, Hardwick Forge, Bridgnorth & Arley Ferry , on the first Saturday in May, 1993"--p. .
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. , signed by Nicholas and Mary Parry.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Country life -- England -- Shropshire.England -- Social life and customs -- 20th century.Tern Press -- Publisher.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.
Wood engravings -- 1993.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.