Wightwick, George, 1802-1872, The palace of architecture , MDCCCXL 
- The palace of architecture : a romance of art and history / by George Wightwick, Architect.
- London : James Fraser, Regent Street, MDCCCXL 
- Physical Description:
- xx, 219 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsNA2521 .W54 1840+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Total of 38 plates. Numbered 3, 5, 6, 8-10, 12-14, 16-18, 20, 21, 23, 24, 26-28, 34-36, 40-45, 47, 50, 51, 53, 55, 60, 61, 64, and 66, plus an additional unnumbered map.
British Architectural Library. Early Imprints Collection. Early printed books, 1478-1840. London : Bowker-Saur, 1994-, 3634
Illustrations by John Henry Le Keux, William Henry Brooke, A. H. Cates, William Humphrys and Benjamin Winkles. Map lithographed by George Edward Madeley.
Printed by Levey, Robson and Franklyn, 46 St. Martin's Lane.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind and gold- stamped green publisher's cloth. Title in gold stamped on front cover above a pyramid with "By George Wightwood, Architect" below pyramid. Back cover is stamped in gold with a pyramid entitled 'Pyramid of architecture', composed of books, starting with Vitruvius and ending with Hosking.
BAC: Binder's ticket: Bound by Westley, Son and Jarvis, London. Armorial bookplate of Henry Drummond. Inscribed: Malcolm Henry Drummond. Albury Park. Sept. 30, 1840.
- Subject Terms:
- Architecture -- History.Architecture, Ancient.Architecture, Gothic.Architecture, Medieval.Drummond, Henry, 1786-1860 -- Bookplate.Fraser, James -- Publisher.Levey, Robson and Franklyn -- Printer.Westley, Son and Jarvis -- Binding.
- Etchings -- 1840.
Wood engraving -- 1840.
Engravings -- 1840.
Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- 1840.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.