The genealogical magazine , 1898-1904
The genealogical magazine : a journal of family history, heraldry, and pedigrees.
- London : Elliot Stock, 1898-1904.
- Physical Description:
- 8 volumes : illustrations (some color) ; 29 cm
- Reference LibraryCS410 G45 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- BEIN 2021 S33: From the Toshiyuki Takamiya Collection of Arthur Charles Fox-Davies Heraldry Materials: 1:1-6:72.
BEIN 2021 S33: Armorial bookplate of Arthur Charles Fox-Davies: 3:25-36; 5:49-6:72.
BEIN 2021 S33: Few manuscript annotations. Accompanied by: manuscript letter on stationery from Shirdley Hill near Ormskirk, signed "J.C." [James Cross?] (2 pages): 3:25-36.
Issues for each vol. have consecutive pagination with added title page for each vol. beginning with Vol. 1 (May 1897/Apr. 1898), except no added title page for Vol. 8 (May 1904-July 1904).
Some volumes indexed.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Genealogy.England -- Periodicals.Fox-Davies, Arthur Charles, 1871-1928 -- Bookplate.Genealogy -- Periodicals.Genealogy.Great Britain -- Genealogy -- Periodicals.Great Britain.Heraldry -- Great Britain -- Periodicals.Heraldry.Takamiya, Toshiyuki -- Ownership.
Armorial bookplates (Provenance)
Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
- V.1. May 1897-Apr. 1898
- v. 2. May 1898-Apr. 1899
- v. 3. May 1899
- Apr. 1900
- v. 4. May 1900-Apr. 1901
- v. 5. May 1901-Apr 1902
- v. 6. May 1902-Apr 1903
- v. 7. May 1903-April 1904
- v. 8. May 1904-July 1904.