Corpus of the anatomical studies in the collection of Her Majesty the Queen at Windsor Castle / Leonardo da Vinci ; [compiled and edited] by Kenneth D. Keele and Carlo Pedretti.
- London : Johnson Reprint Co. ; 1978-1980.
[New York] : Harcourt Brace Jovanovich, 1978-1980.
- Physical Description:
- 3 v. : col. facsims. ; 48 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsFolio A 2012 22Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- BEIN 1999 Folio 34: No. 397.
Includes facsims. of Leonardo's anatomical studies, a series of drawings in the Royal collection at Windsor Castle, executed between 1485-c. 1515; designated as Anatomical Mss. A, B, C in the present edition, and also known as the Quaderni d'anatomia.
"This English edition, comprising two volumes of text and a Solander box of facsimile drawings, is limited to 998 sets, of which 970 are for sale"--Vol. 3, label mounted inside front cover of solander case.
Vols. 1-2 continuously paged: xxxvi, 1025 p.; v. 3 is a solander case of unnumbered plates.
Includes bibliographical references and indexes.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. 122 of a limited edition of 998 sets. Bound in dark blue morocco. Gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Anatomy ..Anatomy, Artistic. .Drawing, Italian -- England -- Windsor (Berkshire) -- Catalogs.Drawing, Renaissance -- England -- Windsor (Berkshire) -- Catalogs.Johnson Reprint Co. -- 1978-1980.Leonardo, da Vinci, 1452-1519 -- Catalogs.Windsor Castle. Royal Library -- Catalogs.Windsor, House of -- Art collections -- Catalogs.
- Photomechanical prints -- 1978-1980.
- v. 1-2. Text
- v. 3. Facsimiles.