Patterson, Simon, Rex Reason , c1994
- Rex Reason : 1994 / Simon Patterson.
- Alternate Title(s):
- Solid, gaseous, liquid, synthetic.
- London : Book Works, c1994.
- Physical Description:
- 107 p. : color ill. ; 14 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 P37 R4 1994Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Cover title: Solid, gaseous, liquid, synthetic.
Edition limited to 2,000 copies.
"Originally produced as a single presentation copy for the Arts Council Award for the Prudential Arts Award in 1993. ... 10 copies produced in 1994 ... were signed and numbered by the artist. ... 2000 copies have been published as part of the Format series funded by the Arts council of England"--Colophon.
"Rex Reason presents the Periodic Table of the Elements in book form. A colour-coding system is set up (black for solids, blue for liquids and yellow [for] synthetics) but where we might expect to find hydrogen, helium or lithium we find Yul Brynner, William Hogarth and Maria Callas. The selected names relate to the chemical symbol for each element."--Publisher's web site.
Yale medical historical book is part of the Winterhouse Chemistry Collection, gift of Jessica Helfand and William Drenttel, 2014.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Chemical elements.Periodic table of the elements.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.