Guidelines to the system / Verdi Yahooda.
- London : Book Works, c1990.
- Physical Description:
-  leaves : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 Y34 G8 1990Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Guidelines to the System is a book in three distinct parts. The first section 'Landmarks', consists of a pattern-cutter's guide to measuring the body. The second section is a text, '9th August 1990' by photographer, Craigie Horsfield. The final section, 'Pathways', consists of photographic images--taken by Verdi Yahooda, who is primarily a photographer--of dressmaker's paraphernalia. This book, both in form and in content, presents itself as an enigma. The unique loose-leaf construction along with the juxtaposition of texts and image combine to entice the reader into solving the enigma of 'The System'."--Publisher's website.
"Guidelines to the System is printed offset in an edition of 500 copies, with duotone images, 48 pages, presented in a cover made from pattern cutting board with chalk-white blocking and hand-worked markings and perforations. Designed by John Cole."--Publisher's website.
Seven leaves printed on both sides.
Princenthal, Nancy. "Artist's book beat," Print collector's newsletter, vol. 22, no. 3, July-Aug. 1991, p. 102
Printed Matter catalog, 5450
Umbrella, vol. 14, no. 2, Dec. 1991, p. 56
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Book Works (Organization) -- Publisher.Dressmaking -- Pattern design.
- Artists' books -- Great Britain
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.