Northumbria : a repository of antiquities of Northumberland, Cumberland, Westmorland, Durham, Yorkshire, Lancashire, and the borders of Scotland / ed. by T. Tindall Wildridge.
- London : H. Gray ; 1888.
Hull : M.C. Peck, 1888.
- Physical Description:
- 140, vii,  p., plates : ill., ports. ; 27 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA30 W52 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Subject Terms:
- England, Northern -- Antiquities.England, Northern -- History.
- A bird's-eye glance at the history of Northumbria / Wildridge, T.T.
- The Anglian and Danish kings of Northumbria / Ross, F.
- Brief notes on a northern artist; Thomas Bewick / Wildridge, T.T.
- Bewick's life-work, a poem / Lamplough, E.
- Liddel and Liddisdale / Wake, C.S.
- Thesignificance of Kufic coins in Northumbria / Axon, W.A.E.
- Stockton and itsancient castle / Quail, J.
- The misereres of Ripon cathedral / Wildridge,T.T.
- The legend of the Wear / Honeywood, Patty
- Northumbrian worthies:Qaulinus and his associates / Taylor, R.V.
- Yorkshire and the Cadiz expedition of 1596. William Fowler and his services to northern antiquities.The fonts at Goodmanham / Wildridge, T.T.
- A wreath of Northumbrian epitaphs from Norwich / Vincent, W.
- The rebellion of the northern earls, in 1569 with Surtee's ballads / Skipton, H. S.--Ancient one-tree boats of Northumbria, with remarks upon the known English examples / Wildridge, T.T. --The decent of Darwin from a mayor of Hull / Rollit, A. K., Sir.