Tilson, Jake, 1958-, Excavator, Barcelona, excavador , c1986
- Excavator, Barcelona, excavador / Jake Tilson.
- London : Woolley Dale Press, c1986.
- Physical Description:
-  p. : ill. (some col.) ; 28 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN7433.4 T5 E9 1986+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "There are hints at a story; seven murders have taken place and an archaeologist, Mr Emerson, is on the trail of the killer ... He plays with the idea of an archaeologist digging through time--but with his horizons focused on solving the murder mystery--setting beside this the juxtapositions of his collages and making references to bogus systems and series which paradoy scientific investigations. It's an Alice in Wonderland logic, in which the gaps play a crucial part. The more facts we think we have, the less we actually discover."--Cathy Courtney, Art Monthly.
English, Spanish and Catalan text.
"This is an edition of 150 copies."--p. 
"Instantprint, b&w xerox, Canon Laser copies, rubber stamps, bought objects ... Tilson exploited an early Canon copiers's depth of focus for the cover. For the title page he made an "E" from earth which he glued to paper and photocopied. The Excavator lettering was adapted from a Catalan newspaper still printed by letterpress."--Artist's website.
Facing the page : British artists' books : a survey, 1983-1993 68
BAC: British Art Center copy is no., signed by artist.
Collage mounted on front cover.
- Subject Terms:
- Artists' books -- Great Britain.Writing and art.
- Collages (visual works)
Artists' books -- Great Britain.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.