Hecht, Anthony, 1923-2004, On the laws of the poetic art , c1995
On the laws of the poetic art / Anthony Hecht.
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c1995.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 204 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX175 .H4 1995 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Zab H355 992P Copy 1: Number line in title page verso indicates first printing: "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1." Dust jacket. Mauscript notes of Donald Gallup. From the library of Donald Gallup.
BEIN Zab H355 992P Copy 2: Number line in title page verso indicates first printing: "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1." Dust jacket. Mauscript notes of Donald Gallup. From the library of Donald Gallup.
Six lectures delivered 1992 at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; the text of the first lecture, which was abridged for presentation, has been restored to its original length.
"The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C."--Prelim.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -191) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts.Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000 -- Ms. notes.Ut pictura poesis (Aesthetics)
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
- Poetry and painting
- Poetry and music
- Paradise and wilderness
- Public and private art
- The contrariety of impulses
- Art and morality.