Hecht, Anthony, 1923-2004, On the laws of the poetic art , c1995
On the laws of the poetic art / Anthony Hecht.
- Princeton, N.J. : Princeton University Press, c1995.
- Physical Description:
- xviii, 204 p. : ill. (some col.) ; 24 cm.
- Reference LibraryNX175 .H4 1995 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- BEIN Zab H355 992P Copy 1: Number line in title page verso indicates first printing: "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1." Dust jacket. Mauscript notes of Donald Gallup. From the library of Donald Gallup.
BEIN Zab H355 992P Copy 2: Number line in title page verso indicates first printing: "10 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1." Dust jacket. Mauscript notes of Donald Gallup. From the library of Donald Gallup.
Six lectures delivered 1992 at the National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.; the text of the first lecture, which was abridged for presentation, has been restored to its original length.
"The National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C."--Prelim.
Includes bibliographical references (p. -191) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Arts.Gallup, Donald, 1913-2000 -- Ms. notes.Ut pictura poesis (Aesthetics)
- Annotations (Provenance) -- 20th century.
- Poetry and painting
- Poetry and music
- Paradise and wilderness
- Public and private art
- The contrariety of impulses
- Art and morality.