Tymms, Samuel, 1808-1871, The family topographer , 1832-43
- The family topographer : being a compendious account of the ancient and present state of the counties of England / by Samuel Tymms ...
- London : J.B. Nichols and Son, 1832-43.
- Physical Description:
- 7 v. : maps ; 18 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA625 T95 1832Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Vols. 3-7 have special t.-p. added.
Each volume contains bibliographies of the counties described.
BAC: Bound in blind- stamped green publisher's binding.
BAC: Copy imperfect: v.1-6 only.
- v.1. The home circuit: Essex, Hertfordshire, Kent, Surrey, Sussex. 1832 -- v.2. The western circuit: Cornwall, Devonshire, Dorsetshire, Hampshire, Somersetshire, Wiltshire. 1832 -- v.3. The Norfolk circuit: Bedfordshire, Buckinghamshire, Cambridgeshire, Huntingdonshire, Norfolf, Suffolk. 1833 -- v.4. The Oxford circuit: Berkshire, Gloucestershire, Herefordshire, Monmouthshire, Oxfordshire, Shropshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire. 1834 -- v.5. The midland circuit: Derbysgire, Leicestershire, Lincolnshire, Northamptonshire, Nottinghamshire, Rutlandshire, Warwickshire. 1835 -- v.6. The northern circuit: Cumberland, Durham, Lancashire, Northumberland, Westmoreland, Yorkshire (three ridings) 1837 -- v.7. Middlesex, London, and Westminster. 1843
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1832-43.Great Britain -- Description and travel.Great Britain -- Guidebooks.J.B. Nichols and Son -- Publisher.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.