Howells, William Dean, 1837-1920, Certain delightful English towns;, 1906
Certain delightful English towns; with glimpses of the pleasant country between [by] W. D. Howells.
- New York and London, 1906.
- Physical Description:
- v, 289 p. front., 47 pl. 22 cm.
- Reference LibraryDA630 H68 (LC)Accessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: The Reference Library is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Reference Library page on our website for more details. For scans from the reference collection please email email@example.com.
- Subject Terms:
- England -- Description and travel.
- The landing of a pilgrim at Plymouth.--Twenty-four hours at Exeter.--A fortnight in Bath.--A country town and a country house.--Afternoons in Wells and Bristol.--By way of Southampton to London.--InFolkstone out of season. Kentish neighborhoods, including Canterbury.--Oxford.--The charm of Chester.--Malvern among her hills.--Shrewsbury by way of Worcester and Hereford.--Northampton and the Washington country.