Hudibras, a poem / by Samuel Butler. With notes selected from Grey and other authors, to which are prefixed a life of the author, and a preliminary discourse on the Civil War, &c. In two volumes. Vol. I[-II]
- Additional Title(s):
- A new edition / embellished with engravings.
- London : Printed by W. Lewis, 21, Finch-lane: for Thomas M'Lean, bookseller and publisher, and may be had of all booksellers, 1819.
- Physical Description:
- 2 v. : ill. ; 23 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsPR3338 .A7 1819BYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- BEIN 1995 242: Hand colored plates.
"The present volumes are embellished with twelve beautiful and spirited engravings, from original designs by Clarke ... ."
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gilt-stamped morocco, with gilt edges.
- Subject Terms:
- Satire, English -- 17th century.Thomas M'Lean -- Publisher.W. Lewis -- Printer.
- Hand-colored illustrations.
Aquatints -- Hand-colored -- 1819.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.