History and antiquities of the Abbey of St. Edmund's Bury / by Richard Yates ; with views of the most considerable monasterial remains by William Yates.
- Second edition : with addition and fourteen additional plates.
- London : Printed for J.B. Nichols and sons, 1843.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, 256, , 49, , 85,  p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 30 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 B97 Y3 1843+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Part I published under title: An illustration of the monastic history and antiquities of the town and abbey of St. Edmund's Bury.
Part I was first published in 1805. The author did not complete his work, but presented his materials to his friend Mr. J.B. Nichols, through whose efforts the present volume was published in 1843. An appendix, consisting of Bury charters, partly printed in 1805, but first published with this edition,follows pt. II. Cf. DNB
Memoir of the author [with bibliography]: p. xix-xxiv.
Illustrations by Francis Hery; after William Yates.
- Subject Terms:
- Abbey of Bury St. Edmunds -- History.Baker, G.W. -- Autograph.Baker, S.M., Miss -- Pres. inscription to Mortimer Williams, Sept. 8, 1890.Bury St. Edmunds (England) -- Antiquities.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1843.Nichols, J.B. and sons -- Printer.Williams, Mortimer -- Pres. inscription from Miss S.M. Baker, Sept. 8. 1890.
YCBA Collections Search
Yates, Richard, 1769-1834, History and antiquities of the Abbey of St. Edmund's Bury , 1843
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.