Steward, James Christen, The new child , 1995
- The new child : British art and the origins of modern childhood, 1730-1830 / James Christen Steward.
- 1st ed.
- Berkeley : University Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, University of California, Berkeley, in association with the University of Washington Press, 1995.
- Physical Description:
- 238 p. : ill (some col.) ; 31 cm.
- Reference LibraryN6766 S78 1995 (LC)+ OversizeAccessible in the Reference Library [Hours]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Reference Library is closed until further notice. For scans from the reference collection please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- LWL 72 995 S485: Gift of the author, Aug. 1995.
Published on the occasion of an exhibition of the same name organized by the University Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, Berkeley; held at the University Art Museum and Pacific Film Archive, Berkeley, Aug. 23-Nov. 19, 1995, Dixon Gallery and Gardens, Memphis, Dec. 10, 1995-Feb. 4, 1996, and the Joslyn Art Museum, Omaha, Mar. 9-May 5, 1996.
The Lewis Walpole Library contributed two prints to the exhibition.
Includes bibliographical references ( p. 227-231) and index.
- Subject Terms:
- Art, British -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- Great Britain -- 18th century -- Exhibitions.Art, Modern -- Great Britain -- 19th century -- Exhibitions.Children in art -- Exhibitions.Steward, James Christen -- Donor.