The history of the ancient palace and late Houses of Parliament at Westminster : embracing accounts and illustrations of St. Stephen's Chapel, and its cloisters, Westminster Hall, the Court of Requests, the Painted Chamber &c. &c. / by Edward Wedlake Brayley, and John Britton, Fellows of the Society of Antiquaries, &c., &c., &c. ; illustrated by engravings.
- Additional Title(s):
Palatial and parlimentary edifices of Westminster
- London : John Weale, Architectural Library, 59, High Holborn, 1836.
- Physical Description:
- xvi, , 8-476,  p., XXIX leaves of plates : ill., plans ; 22 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA687.W6 B73Yale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon CollectionAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Plate I is engraved t.p. reading: Palatial and parliamentary edifices of Westminster.
Engravings by John Hawkesworth, Thomas Clark, Samuel Williams, George Gladwin, Samuel Bellin, Thomas Woolnoth, William Woolnoth, John Carter, John Le Keux, Edward Jones, John Woods, F. Mansell, and William Taylor; after Robert William Billings, J. Hewitt, J. R. Thompson, William Capon, and Thomas Clark.
Printed by J.B. Nichols and Son, 25, Parliament Street.
Engraved vignette on letter press t.p.
Adams, B. London illustrated, 181
British Architectural Library. Early printed books, 366
Andersen, J. Book of British topography, p. 212
Publisher's advertisements:  p. at end.
BAC: British Art Center copy has bookplate of S. Gluckstein.
- Subject Terms:
- Engraving -- Specimens -- 1836.Gluckstein, S. -- Bookplate.Nichols, J. B. -- Printer.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1836.Weale, J. -- Publisher.Westminster Palace (London, England) -- History.
YCBA Collections Search
Brayley, E. W. (Edward Wedlake), 1773-1854, The history of the ancient palace and late Houses of Parliament at Westminster , 1836
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.