Hand-book for travellers in Egypt : including descriptions of the course of the Nile to the second cataract, Alexandria, Cairo, the pyramids, and Thebes, the overland transit to India, the peninsula of Mount Sinai, the oases, &c. : being a new edition, corrected and condensed, of "Modern Egypt and Thebes" / by Sir Gardner Wilkinson.
- Additional Title(s):
Murray's Handbook, Egypt.
Murray's Hand-book, Egypt.
- London : J. Murray [etc., etc.], 1847.
- Physical Description:
- xxx, , [xxxi]-xxxvii, 448, 36 p. ill. ; 19 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDT45 M97 1847View by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- "Errata et corrigenda": leaf following p. xxx.
BAC: British Art Center cover-title: Murray's Handbook, Egypt.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in blind- and gold- stamped red publisher's cloth.
BAC: Publisher's advertisements: inside front and back covers and 36 p. at end.
SML,AOS Ta M96: Cover title: Murray's Hand-book, Egypt. Half-title: Hand-book for travellers in Egypt. Lacks [xxxi]-xxxvii p. Bookplate of American Oriental Society Library: No. 26[0?]1. Stamp of American Oriental Society Library. Donor: C. W. Bradley, Aug., 1864. Has ms. notes. Autograph on title-page: Mrs. Lieder - Cairo.
Printed by Spottiswoode and Shaw, New-street-square.
Map engraved by J.& C. Walker.
- Subject Terms:
- American Oriental Society. Library -- Bookplate.American Oriental Society. Library -- Stamp.Bradley, Charles William, 1809-1865 -- Donor.Egypt -- Guidebooks.Engraving -- Specimens -- 1847.Lieder, Alice -- Autograph.Lieder, Alice -- Ms. notes?Murray, J. -- Publisher.Spottiswoode and Shaw -- Printer.
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.