Hibbert, Samuel, 1782-1848, History of the foundations in Manchester of Christ's College, Chetham's Hospital, and the free Grammar School, 1828-1833
History of the foundations in Manchester of Christ's College, Chetham's Hospital, and the free Grammar School.
- Manchester [England] : T. Agnew and J. Zanetti, 1828-1833.
- Physical Description:
- 4 v. in 3 : ill. ; 29 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsDA690 M4 H53 1828+ OversizeAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Vol. 1 and 2 are dated 1830. V. 3 is dated 1828 and v.4 is dated 1833.
Compiled in part from material collected by Rev. J. Greswell.
Vol. 3 is in two continuously pages parts, each with special t.p., and without general t.p.
Imprint varies; v. 4 has imprint: Manchester, T. Agnew.
Vol. 4 has special t.p. only.
Vol. 3 and  bound together.
Illustrations by Charles Pye, J. Fothergill and John Le Keux; after Frederick Mackenzie, James Palmer, C. Calvert, J.H. Kendall, N.G. Philips, and J.W. Fraser.
Printed by T. Sowler, 22, St. Ann's Square, Manchester.
- Subject Terms:
- Agnew, T. -- Publisher.Chetham's Hospital (Manchester, England)Engraving -- Specimens -- 1828-1833.Hall, John -- Bookplate.Manchester Cathedral -- History.Manchester Grammar School.Sowler, T. -- Printer.Steel engraving -- Specimens -- 1828-1833.Zanetti, J. -- Publisher.
- v.1. History of the College and Collegiate Church, Manchester
- v.2. Continuation of the history of the Collegiate Church, Manchester / [S. Hibbert-Ware]. Architectural description of the Collegiate Church and College of Manchester / by John Palmer. 1830
- v.3. History of Manchester School / by William Robert Whatton. 1828. History of the Chetham hospital and library, with a genealogical account of the founder and the family of Chetham / by William Robert Whatton. 1833.
- v. . Ancient parish church of Manchester, and why it was collegiated / by Samuel Hibbert-Ware. 1848.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.