A descriptive catalogue of the collection of pictures belonging to the Earl of Northbrook : Dutch, Flemish and French schools / by W.H. James Weale ; the Italian and Spanish schools / by Dr. Jean Paul Richter ; with twenty-five illustrations-photographs by Henry Dixon & son, by the Dixon and Gray orthochromatic process, printed in platinotype.
- London : Griffith, Farran, Okeden, & Welsh, 1889.
- Physical Description:
- 6, 222 p.,  leaves of plates : ill. ; 33 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsN5245 N6 1889+ OversizeYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundAccessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open to Yale ID holders by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- "The collection ... described ... was, with very few exceptions, made by the late Mr. Thomas Baring, who bequeathed it to his nephew, Lord Northbrook."--Introd.
Bibliography: p. 212-213.
BAC: British Art Center copy is no. .
BAC: Bound in vellum.
Appendix: I. Catalogue of the Verstolk gallery -- II. Pictures bought by Sir Thomas Baring from the Le Brun gallery -- III. Works referred to in the catalogue.
- Subject Terms:
- Art -- Private collections.Griffith, Farran, Okeden, & Welsh -- Publisher.
YCBA Collections Search
Northbrook, Francis George Baring, Earl of, 1850-1904, A descriptive catalogue of the collection of pictures belonging to the Earl of Northbrook , 1889
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.