Crinoline : its difficulties & dangers, mechanical, natural, artificial / twenty illustrations, by "Quiz" ; dedicated to the ladies.
- London : Read & Co., 10, Johnson's Court, Fleet Street, [185-?].
- Physical Description:
-  p. : chiefly ill. ; 13 cm. x 260 cm., folded to 13 cm. x 20 cm., in covers 14 cm. x 16 cm.
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsGT2075 Q84 1850zYale Center for British Art, Paul Mellon FundView by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: The Study Room is open by appointment. Please visit the Study Room page on our website for more details.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Not Evaluated
- At head of title: Second series.
May possibly be by Edward Caswall who published under the pseudonym 'Quiz'.
Publisher Read & Co. was active at the above address from 1847-1867.
Twenty comic illustrations which depict the perils of crinolines.
BAC: British Art Center copy bound in original printed boards, as issued.
- Subject Terms:
- Clothing and dress -- Caricatures and cartoons.Crinolines -- Humor.English wit and humor, Pictorial.Fashion -- Great Britain.Great Britain -- Social life and customs -- 19th century -- Caricatures and cartoons.Panoramas.Read & Co. -- Publisher.
- Lithographs -- Hand-colored -- [185-?].
YCBA Collections Search
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.