Flaxman, John, 1755-1826, Letter to Lady Barbarina Dacre, ca. 1805
- Letter to Lady Barbarina Dacre.
- ca. 1805.
- Physical Description:
- 1 sheet : autograph letter, signed ; 23 x 37 cm, folded to 23 x 19 cm
- Rare Books and ManuscriptsSave 2017 (In process)Accessible by request in the Study Room [Request]
Note: As a COVID-19 precaution, the Study Room is closed until further notice.
- Copyright Status:
- Copyright Information
- Archives & Manuscripts
- Lady Barbarina Brand, daughter of Admiral Sir Chaloner Ogle, was a poet, dramatist, and amateur wax modeller, specializing in the modelling of horses. See: Pyke, E.J. Biographical dictionary of wax modellers, p. 35.
The letter, addressed to Mrs. Wilmot (i.e., Lady Barbarina Dacre) "with Mr Flaxman's respectful compliments," provides brief instructions "to make modelling wax."
The letter is undated; the paper bears a watermark date of 1805.
- Subject Terms:
- Dacre, Barbarina, Lady, 1767-1854 -- Correspondece.Flaxman, John, 1755-1826 -- Correspondece.Wax-modeling.
If you have information about this object that may be of assistance please contact us.